yeec近年来原创帖合集 本站基础知识下载汇总 yeec网站学习币充值链接 学习中心正式上线

[分享] 自制基准电源调校万用表

[复制链接]
郑振寰 发表于 2016-3-23 14:40 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Do-it-yourself

Precision Voltage Reference for Multimeter Calibration

created by Frank Weithöner

Precision voltage reference for multimeter calibration
Recently I wanted to adjust the end-of-charge voltage of a solar charge controller. I failed. Each time I checked the state of charge the result was different from my previous adjustments. After several days I found out that the problem was not the charge controller or the battery but just the fact that I used two different multimeters. The multimeters simply showed different voltages.
Becoming curious I collected all multimeters I could get and applied a fixed voltage to all of them. Here the result:

Unbelievable the differences between the multimeters. All are connected to the same power supply. But which one shows the right voltage? And is my 10 V really 10.00 V?

The case is clear: All digital multimeters have to be checked and if necessary, calibrated. Therefore a reliable reference is needed, either a calibrated voltmeter or a sufficiently accurate reference voltage. A calibrated multimeter is expensive but a precision voltage stabilizer is not. For less than 10 € you can build a reference voltage source with a precision of 0.3 % or less. That correspond to the standard of a normal DMM (e.g. the popular UNI-T61A,B,C,D has ±0.5 %). And even better, you can turn a cheap multimeter into a precision measurement equipment.

这是五款万用表,同样测量的是10V基准电压,但得到了五中不同的数值。基于这个原因,德国同行自制基准电源,调校自己的所有万用表,使之度数一致。
Precision stabilizer
A precision voltage reference is nothing else than a power supply with a precision zener diode or better a precision voltage stabilizer. There are some precision stabilizers on the market. They all differ in accuracy and price. The output voltage is mostly 5.000 V or 10.00 V.
[tr]Here are some precision stabilizers (there are probably more):

Type
Output
Accuracy
Price
Data sheet
LT1431
5.000 V
0.4 %
2.50 €
AD581J
10.00 V
0.3 %
9.00 €
AD587J
10.00 V
0.2 %
5.00 €
LM4040
10.00 V
0.1 %
1.00 €
LT1021C
10.00 V
0.05 %
6.00 €
LT1236
10.00 V
0.05 %
7.00 €

这是几款常用的基准电源芯片,点击可以下载datasheet。
When choosing a stabilizer look at the accuracy of the multimeter you want to calibrate and at the accuracy of the stabilizer. The precision of the multimeter after your calibration can not be better than the precision of the stabilizer itself.
The disadvantage of precision stabilizer is, that they are very special parts and not always and everywhere available.

Assembly
The circuit diagram is simple. I have chosen a LT1236 stabilizer just because I could get it easily. The input voltage is not critical, as long it is between 15 V and 30 V. The capacitors are against any oscillating. That's it.

A board is not needed. All parts are mounted between the output sockets and the switch.
德国同行选择的是LT1021(文中是LT1236,图纸是LT1021,二者区别不大)。采用分压电阻为9:1,目的是从基准电源出来的10V电压,分为1V和10V,这样校准的时候,两点一线决定线性。
In order to get a second voltage of 1.000 V I added a voltage divider. But that is not really essential. The value of the resistor combination has to be 9:1. I have chosen 18 KΩ and 2.0 KΩ but any other combination is fine, as long as the current does not exceed the maximum current of the stabilizer.
But the main problem is the quality of the resistors. They of course also have to have precision quality. Standard metal film resistors of 1 % or even 2 % are not good enough - in principle. But a good possibility is to select a pair out of a pile of metal film resistors with your ohmmeter. Be very careful and critical. Compromises here are out of place.
Another possibility is the following (this is what I did): Instead of taking one 18 KΩ resistor, I took 10 of 180 KΩ in parallel (plus 10 of 20 KΩ). The idea is that the overall tolerance gets smaller, because the tolerances compensate each other the more resistors are used. I tested the method and the result is the following: All 1 % resistors actually had a tolerance of only 0.25 % (each one). Putting all in parallel the tolerance of the overall resistance dropped to 0.04 %.
A suitable enclosure I could not get here in Tanzania, so I mounted everything into my workshop multimeter. There was just enough space inside and also at the front for the sockets. An other advantage was, that I could use the internal power supply.

The reference voltage source build in my workshop multimeter (the blue and the black socket under the rotation switch). The red knob in between is the change-over switch for 10 V to 1 V.
Perfect. Even after 15 years my DMM is still in a good shape...
德国同行自己做的基准电压,装在台式万用表内,15年了依然准确无误。
Now we come to the adjustment.

Inside a DMM
The heart of all digital multimeters is a highly integrated IC, the A/D converter with the LCD or LED display driver. The IC processes and displays a DC voltage in a range of 0-200 mV. Different voltage dividers selected by the rotation switch (or by an automatic control) extend this mili-voltmeter to a practical voltmeter. The converters for currents and resistances we ignore here.
[tr]When we now do our calibration we only adjust the reference voltage of this A/D converter, that means the 200 mV range. The resistors of the dividers are fixed and can not be adjusted. That makes the work easy.

Just one trimmer
That's easy-peasy - there is only one trimmer.
Switch to the voltage range you mostly use (e.g. 200 V), connect the reference voltage and set the display to 10.00 V. That's it.
Making a precise measurement equipment out of cheap multimeter.

How to find the right trimmer
It is easy when you have a simple DMM. There is only one. But some multimeters have several trimmers. Please do NOT turn the trimmers to find out which is the right one. You will mess up the measurement ranges of other modes like AC or current. It is much better to identify the A/D converter and look it up in the data sheet. There you find where the adjustment trimmer is positioned.
[tr]The most common IC is the ICL7106. The IC comes in a 40 pin DIL package or as a square SMD package. Another common IC is the ES51922 which is used for example in the popular UNI-T T61 models.

IC
Connection
Pin
Data sheet
ICL7106 40 pin DIL
REF HI, REF LO
35, 36
ICL7106 44 pin SMD
REF HI, REF LO
43, 44
[tr]ES51922
VR, VRH
37, 38

The common ICL7106. Follow the marked pins and get to the right trimmer.

The M-890G. An example for a DMM with the ICL7106.

The circuit diagram of the popular Uni-t T61. The calibration trimmer is marked red.

This clamp multimeter has many trimmers. Identify the A/D converter and follow the conducting tracks according data sheet.
Do not turn the trimmers to find out the right one! You will distort the other modes.
这是常见的几款万用表内的芯片,比如ICL7106是几乎所有三位半万用表的芯片。所有万用表都有调整电位器用来校准电压,只有一个电位器的,不用说了,就是它。如果有多个电位器的,就要查datasheet,找到REF hi和Lo连接的电位器即可。千万不要调整其它的电位器。
By the way, it is always a good idea to bring the equipment first to operating temperature before making any adjustments. Switch on both, multimeter and reference voltage half an hour before doing the calibration.

The cheapest meter. This 5 €-
multimeter from a local market somewhere in the heart of Tanzania has not even a trimmer. But it can be easily added.
这种在坦桑尼亚5欧元一个的万用表是没有调整电位器的,但这里留出一个空位,就是接电位器的,可以接1K的电位器进行调整。
The exception. Here is nothing to adjust. Obviously the calibration is done with a special software via the data port (on the right side in the centre). Fortunately there was no need for a calibration.
这种也没有电位器,是微处理器的芯片,需要用上传下载线通过软件校准。但一般这种万用表不需要校准。

Addendum
I wish I had had this idea before. It has always bothered me that for developing aid projects a lot of money is spent on top-class equipment. Why must every electrician have at least a FLUKE 179? I have seen so many expensive tools and measurement equipment which were cracked or filthy dirty (or simply have disappeared), so that I basically only buy inexpensive (but reasonable) equipment that I find in local shops. In future everybody will also get an inexpensive multimeter from me which the technician together with me will calibrate. By doing so he gets to know his DMM better and hopefully also appreciate the value of his instrument, especially when he realizes that his DMM after his tuning is at least as precise as a 10-times more expensive FLUKE 179...
最后作者发表一下感慨,为什么每个电工都希望自己拥有一块福禄克的179型万用表?见过太多昂贵的工具破损乃至丢弃,所以作者只买便宜的合理的工具,经过合理校准的便宜的万用表,价值要比福禄克的179型便宜十倍......

本帖子中包含更多资源

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

看贴要回是本分,有问必答是人才,解决问题回贴是公德.
医疗设备维修.维修咨询(请尽可能在论坛提问),协助维修,上门服务.
电话:13991827712

yeec维修网视频培训资料购买链接
BeckmanCoulter DXA系列培训资料
Ortho VITROS 系列培训资料
Ortho enGen_ThermoFisher TCA 实验室自动化系统培训资料
Roche Cobas 实验室自动化系统培训资料
Roche Cobas modular系列分析仪培训资料
Horiba-ABX Yumizen系列培训资料
DiaSorin Liaison系列培训资料
Advia2120培训资料
Inpeco-Aptio系列培训资料
Atellica Solution系列培训资料
Siemens Immunoassay系列培训资料 西门子化学发光系列
SIEMENS Advia系列培训资料 西门子生化系列
Toshiba/Abbott系列培训资料 东芝雅培生化系列
Abbott Architect 系列培训资料 雅培生化化学发光系列
ACL TOP 系列培训资料 沃芬TOP血凝系列
BeckmanCoulter Immunoassay系列培训资料 贝克曼化学发光系列
BeckmanCoulter DXH 系列培训资料 贝克曼DXH血球系列
BeckmanCoulter自动样品处理系统介绍性培训资料 贝克曼前后处理流水线系列
BeckmanCoulter AU系列培训资料 贝克曼AU生化系列
BeckmanCoulter DXC系列培训资料 贝克曼DXC生化系列
LaboSpect003/008/AS 7100/7180分析仪培训资料
Horiba-ABX系列培训资料 Horiba-ABX血球系列
Sysmex 血凝系列培训(CA/CS)
Sysmex 尿液分析系列培训(UF1000/5000/UC3500)
Sysmex 血球系列培训(KX21/POCH/XS/XT/XE)
Sysmex XN系列培训(XN-L/XN1000/XN2000/XN3000/XN9000)
Sysmex HISCL系列培训
可直接淘宝店铺购买https://yeec.taobao.com,或咨询手机/微信:13991827712,QQ:67708237

楼主| 郑振寰 发表于 2016-3-23 14:50 | 显示全部楼层
这位德国同行可谓干家子,基础知识扎实深厚。后面的感慨耐人寻味,与我们存在的现实不无相符。
这种基准电源调校万用表,我在学徒的时候也做过,当初用的1431,只有一个5V,没有他这种分压两点校准的思路。当初做这个的目的是为了调校厂子里的数十块500型的万用表用的。那会儿还是第一次接触集成电路。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

第十九届检验仪器(西安)培训班通知

QQ|申请友链|手机版|小黑屋|加入QQ群|注销账号|yeec维修网

GMT+8, 2024-5-6 18:39 , Processed in 0.380471 second(s), 34 queries .